Options

Tug Buffalo

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Erie Canal, Lock 3

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Nice shot. The bumpers along the side and on the nose are interesting. Is 1923 the year of manufacture?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@black mamba said:
    Is 1923 the year of manufacture?

Si

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Love your tug shots...colorful, well done and always informative. Yes, I tend to look up the area or even, if I can, the actual tug you capture in your images. There is usually an interesting "back story" to many of these hard-working tugs. Thanks for bringing these images to us!

• Options

Buffalo started out as a steam tug and was converted to diesel. Buffalo figured significantly in the Tug Roundup until she sank recently

• Options

Engine Room for gear heads

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Nice shot! vibrant colors.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Cool shot!

Back in elementary school we learned a song about the Erie Canal and now it's going through my head....

• Options

Gracias all.
    This is one of my favorite Erie Canal tugs