Home Sweet Home

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited March 28, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fab discovery Tom! The sky is way too bright though.....drawing the eye from subject. Cheers!

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Nice, looks like a garden shed.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Fab discovery Tom! The sky is way too bright though.....drawing the eye from subject. Cheers!

Thanks for the input, Taz. I've reigned in the bright sky a tad with this revised posting.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@OrvSal said:
    Nice, looks like a garden shed.

Hey, Orv. There's an old fellow that lives here. He's actually the fourth generation of his family to occupy the home.

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Now that we are in Georgia, it is not a bad place to call home!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great place and shot, although I agree with Taz on the bright sky. Have we seen this place before? it looks familiar.

edited March 28, 2021

@Juano said:
    Great place and shot, although I agree with Taz on the bright sky. Have we seen this place before? it looks familiar.

Last year, I posted some color shots of the same place. A different perspective this time, and shot with a B&W image as the goal. This place is one of my favorite targets when I'm near Blowing Rock....which is a lot. There's a lot of this kind of photo material down in that hollow where this home is. But it's also an area where you better know someone before you go traipsing around their little tight community.

After the adjustment, you still think the sky is too bright?

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins

those were the good old days. Nice pic.

@joshhuntnm said:
    those were the good old days. Nice pic.

You're so right, Josh. Simpler times.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful Tom...

Interesting structure and I love the B+W treatment! You certainly have a knack for finding these gems!

@El Gato said:
    Wonderful Tom...

Interesting structure and I love the B+W treatment! You certainly have a knack for finding these gems!

Thanks, Al. You know, finding jewels like this one is kind of like looking for shark teeth at the beach. Visitors get exasperated when they can't find any teeth. But once you develop an " eye " for spotting the things, you find that they are all over the place. I've found literally thousands of teeth over the years.... have given most of them to other folks. Take care, my friend.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@Juano said:

Last year, I posted some color shots of the same place. A different perspective this time, and shot with a B&W image as the goal. This place is one of my favorite targets when I'm near Blowing Rock....which is a lot. There's a lot of this kind of photo material down in that hollow where this home is. But it's also an area where you better know someone before you go traipsing around their little tight community.

After the adjustment, you still think the sky is too bright?

Still a bit bright, but still a very nice shot.