More Old Iron

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Chrysler Airflow

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Always a classic.

I suspect a head-on shot of all that grill work, looking up the "nose" would be an interesting perspective of this beauty.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Ask and ye shall receive

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2021

Very nice....both shots . I was never a Chrysler guy, but there was a time when they produced some of the most creative designs around. And these products often had leading technical and engineering credentials. I used to tangle with some of their muscle-car-era 426 c.i. Hemi cars at the track when I was running a 1970 454 c.i. Chevelle. There's a lot about all that I really miss.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2021

Chrysler also got a wind tunnel in 1930 and this car is certainly an expression of that.
    Aerodynamics only started to develop along with fighter aircraft being tested in wind tunnels after WW1.
    Trains were streamlining at this time as well; 'twas very hip

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Excellent "nose" shot. That's a lot of grill. But, it is fantastic and a beauty of a car to boot.

Thanks for sharing and posting this shot.