Into the abyss

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Love the moody scene here, good image!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great capture Tom! Amazing how despite fog color comes through!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2021

Beautiful! I love these types of images, the diffused light and the sense of mystery created by the fog.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@OrvSal said:
    Love the moody scene here, good image!

Thanks, Orv. I hope you guys are staying safe.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited April 22, 2021

@Stumblebum said:
    Great capture Tom! Amazing how despite fog color comes through

Thanks, buddy. Yeah, I guess as long as there's a shred of light, whatever color is there will hop on board the light and go along for the ride.

@roaddog52 said:
    Beautiful! I love these types of images, the diffused light and the sense of mystery created by the fog.

Thanks Phil, I also like diffused lighting for creating moods. Along Florida's coastal regions, fog is often a factor along the shoreline, as well as the attendant marsh areas further inland. It can lead to some pretty dramatic images.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Tom, that is a wonderful image! Well done.

@Juano said:
    Tom, that is a wonderful image! Well done.

Thanks, Cristóbal. I always value your take on my stuff.

• JTP22JTP22 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins

Thats cool!

Joel

@JTP22 said:
    Thats cool!

Joel

Thanks, Joel. I appreciate the visit.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Misty..........................

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@willard3 said:
    Misty..........................

For Sure.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

A well-taken image. Photographing fog is not an easy task, nor is capturing a "keeper" image in the aftermath.

With homage to Mr. Sandburg...." The fog comes on little cat feet...."

Thanks for posting this one Tom!

edited April 25, 2021

Thanks, my friend. As I sat on a bench, bemoaning my tired feet, my wife took off on another lap around this big lake. I took this shot just as she was about to be consumed by the fog. Serendipity, you might say.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

I love this shot, Tom ! Very inviting composition and mood. I want to walk right into this shot and see where the road leads.

Hope you are well these days!

Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 25, 2021

@redleash said:
    I love this shot, Tom ! Very inviting composition and mood. I want to walk right into this shot and see where the road leads.

Hope you are well these days!

Lauren

Golly, Lauren, what a treat to hear from you. Now how about those images you promised last time you dropped by? Come on Lady, I know you've got it in you.

A little update for you. Last time I spoke with Randy, he and Teresa were focused on getting back to a more rural environment for full-time living. He seemed to be centered on N.E. TN. or maybe southern KY. I need to call him and find out where he now stands.

I hope that you also are staying safe.