Steel Eagle

roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

In Libby Montana, City of eagles, they have at least 4 large steel eagle sculptures. This one has an approximately 40 ft wingspan.
I think a may have to try some "Rust Junkie" magic on this one.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2021

Great find, Phil. A forty foot wingspan.....damn, that's almost frightening. Just for kicks, I cropped this one from the bottom until the power lines right below the eagle disappeared. I also cropped it from the right until the white pole disappeared. All that cropping really accentuates the eagle. I hope to see more work from you, now that you've got more free time. I saw your post under " landscapes ". Very good stuff.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Great find, Phil. A forty foot wingspan.....damn, that's almost frightening. Just for kicks, I cropped this one from the bottom until the power lines right below the eagle disappeared. I also cropped it from the right until the white pole disappeared. All that cropping really accentuates the eagle. I hope to see more work from you, now that you've got more free time. I saw your post under " landscapes ". Very good stuff.

Thanks Tom. This crop show the detail work that went into this sculpture

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Man, I can hardly imagine the man hours that went into creating this work of art. If it could fly, it would be the strangest UFO sighting in the last decade.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

An impressive piece of art.

Nicely captured in your image. Must be even more amazing up close and personal!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2021

@black mamba said:
    Man, I can hardly imagine the man hours that went into creating this work of art. If it could fly, it would be the strangest UFO sighting in the last decade.

@El Gato said:
    An impressive piece of art.

Nicely captured in your image. Must be even more amazing up close and personal!

There are 4 of these in town. I think this is the largest, but the others are equally impressive, and almost as large.
    all of them were built by the same guy.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

The eagle is pretty cool as well as large.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata