Vesuvius Erupting

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Pompeii never had a chance

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Awesome! Great texture and color! Really nice work Tom.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Epic Tom! Bravo! Title lends to bit dark thoughts but the images is very colorful and happy!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2021

@Juano said:
    Awesome! Great texture and color! Really nice work Tom.

Thanks, Cristóbal. I extracted this shot from the side panel of an old rusted-out delivery truck sitting in a junk yard. It's really amazing what can happen when you sprinkle a little rust elixir around.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited April 19, 2021

@Stumblebum said:
    Epic Tom! Bravo! Title lends to bit dark thoughts but the images is very colorful and happy!

Thanks a lot, Taz. You know, it's interesting to work in the world of rust. Having a preconceived notion of how an image will turn out is an exercise in futility. As Admiral Farragut said in the battle of Mobile Bay ; " Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead ". When working with rust, you just have to charge forward and see what the rust gods have in store for you.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wonderful, Tom. What a great imaginitave treatment.

@sarasphotos said:
    Wonderful, Tom. What a great imaginitave treatment.

Thanks for the kind words, Sara. There is a massive junkyard on the outskirts of town that generously allows me to stalk the place for rust-shot inspirations. I hope to finish my latest series of rust work fairly soon. I trust you guys are staying as safe as possible.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Rust! Well done Tom. I previously missed this one, being on the road.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Top form Tom!! Epic rust and a very creative presentation. The colors are explosive and dynamic, very creative.

Well done!

@roaddog52 said:
    Rust! Well done Tom. I previously missed this one, being on the road.

Thanks. Phil.

@El Gato said:
    Top form Tom!! Epic rust and a very creative presentation. The colors are explosive and dynamic, very creative.

Well done!

Thanks, Al. I think it must be the anticipation of unexpected results that continues to drive my interest in, and pursuit of, the secrets camouflaged by rust.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Nice work! I haven't had a rust fix in ages--thank you, friend!

Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

@redleash said:
    Nice work! I haven't had a rust fix in ages--thank you, friend!

Lauren

I hear you, gal. A true Rust Junkie just has to have a dose now and then. I hope to have my new rust series all finished up fairly soon. Trying to get the Elizabethton property development going full steam has me scratching for time for anything else.

Take care, my friend.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I like this one a lot, Tom. It does suggest an eruption.

@Cornflake said:
    I like this one a lot, Tom. It does suggest an eruption.

Thanks a lot, Don, for the conformation that I've not gone over the hill yet. Sometimes, my imagination tends to step out on me.