A few days in Bryce Canyon

JTP22JTP22 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins

Spent a few days driving up to Bryce Canyon to catch the sunrises. I normally shoot sports and portraits. I don't really have the lenses or experience to shoot landscape well. These are really my first landscape
attempts. Most shot with Canon 1DX. Some with Fuji XT2. Thanks for looking and feedback.

Joel
https://www.joeltpowell.com/

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Very nice!

• JTP22JTP22 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Very nice!

Thank you!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

The glare spots are a big detraction. There are ways to combat these things. If you move to doing more landscape work, Joel, you might want to read up on that issue. Your scene selection and framing of the shots is very good and that's more than half the battle in generating good landscape images. Take care.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JTP22JTP22 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins

@black mamba said:
    The glare spots are a big detraction. There are ways to combat these things. If you move to doing more landscape work, Joel, you might want to read up on that issue. Your scene selection and framing of the shots is very good and that's more than half the battle in generating good landscape images. Take care.

Thank you, I was talking to my friend about that and if lens flare is desired in landscape photos. I do a lot of cars and bikes and i have found i like the lens flare in the photo sometimes. It gives it a artistic vibe to it if you will. My next set i will eliminate the flare as it seems like the consensus is to eliminate it.....Thank you again.

Joel

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2021

@black mamba said:

I agree. Another thing you might consider is numbering your images, and creating a little space between the images. That will make the individual images easier to comment on.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!