Virgin River

roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Transfering files, I came across this image from a few years back. Captured in Zion N.P.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great comp and wonderful water motion. I think the bright area above is way too bright though. Pulling it back will make the shot more balanced in my view. Cheers Phil!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice shot, Phil. I agree with Taz about knocking down some of the brightness in the water.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Great comp and wonderful water motion. I think the bright area above is way too bright though. Pulling it back will make the shot more balanced in my view. Cheers Phil!

@black mamba said:
    Nice shot, Phil. I agree with Taz about knocking down some of the brightness in the water.

Thanks guys! I went back to this one and checked it out. I think Taz's issue was the bright background, and Tom thought the whites in the water were to bright.
    The histogram showed the black point and white point were set correctly, but you guys were right, it was a bit unbalanced.
    I added some fill light, and a slight adjustment to the vibrance, and I believe it is now much more balanced. I'm really happy with this version.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

That's superb, Phil. The fine adjustment to the background brightness was spot on.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Balanced! Bright! Bravo!!