Options

Welcoming the day

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Shots of this sort aren't novel but I always find them cheerful. Maybe I'm anthropomorphizing the saguaros' arms and seeing them as human arms upraised in welcome. :)

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Hey, Don. Well, in my book, anyone who is subject to anthropomorphizing is free to dang well see anything they want to. I like the subtle colors. However, I can't quite make peace with that rogue saguaro leaping out of the frame.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks, Tom. If I didn't cut the saguaro off there was too much empty sky for my taste.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2021

I have to agree with Tom. A lovely shot, but seeing the tip of the saguaro on the right is needed in my opinion.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Its beautiful despite its flaws. Yeah the tip cutoff is one issue. FG bottom bit muddled with out of focus elements and purple rain in shadow areas.
    Still as I said, feels beautiful!

• Options

Thanks for the comments.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Don...

I like this one, the warming sky adds a nice texture to the overall image.

To address the "rogue" cacti arm exiting the frame, I wonder what the image would look like and if this issue would be addressed, if the image were to be presented in portrait vs. landscape perspective? Cropping a bit off both the right and left of the image, and framing/presenting the image a bit more narrowly. Just a thought.

Do not often get to see the desert much these days...can't wait for traveling to get back into vogue. I miss hiking in these areas.

Thanks for sharing this one.