Telling a story of a property

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Aloha gang!

It's been a while, we've all had our hands full of work, life, Covid-19, wildfires, and all the other 2020 glory that's continually heading our way.  I thought I'd take some time to share my most recent production, featuring a lifestyle story using talent and the property as the setting.

One thing about this place is that it's not super 'showy'.  We could show only 3 or 4 spaces within the home itself, but the property is another story altogether.  It's oceanfront, in an undeveloped area, bordering a wildlife preserve.  It's truly an amazing spot to have a home.

Ground cams:

a7III and a7RIII
GM glass (16-35, 24-70, 100-400)
All used in combination of hand-held, tripod/slider, and gimbal

Aerial cams:

Evo II Pro (kayak aerials, twilight closing aerial)
Mavic 2 Zoom (long shot aerial near the beginning to bring the mountain into perspective, introducing the property itself)
Phantom 4 Classic (overhead beach & rocks, sunset aerial over beach - these were from stock I collected years ago)

Enjoy!

Comments

• TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins

I'm surprised there are no comments on this video. I think it is very well done. In a former life I did some video production for builders in my area but never had a property like this to show. I like the music bed - did you use something like Sonicfire Pro to create it?

Jerry

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Teetime said:
    I'm surprised there are no comments on this video. I think it is very well done. In a former life I did some video production for builders in my area but never had a property like this to show. I like the music bed - did you use something like Sonicfire Pro to create it?

Thank you! I definitely loved the opportunity to tell a unique story on this one.

For music, I sourced from Premiumbeat.com

• BlackCoffeeBlackCoffee Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins

Super tight visuals and natural audio!

Maybe it's just my linear proclivities, but I had a hard time getting from one scene to the next, as connected to the property.

"Telling the story of a property" is a priority for me as well. For some reason I tie that to walking around the place, getting a sense of "from here to there" and highlighting what makes is special.

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@BlackCoffee said:
    Super tight visuals and natural audio!

Maybe it's just my linear proclivities, but I had a hard time getting from one scene to the next, as connected to the property.

"Telling the story of a property" is a priority for me as well. For some reason I tie that to walking around the place, getting a sense of "from here to there" and highlighting what makes is special.

Aloha, and thanks for commenting!

Please forgive my absence from the convo...been a hectic (positively so) season so far!

You're absolutely correct in that the story of a property is often how you link the parts of the property itself. Looking back, I probably should've used better phrasing, such as 'the story of how a property lives'. This particular project is all about the lifestyle of the land itself, and very little about the actual home structure. That's because the home structure itself really needs to be renovated, and was in no way something we could present as a $20+M item. So it was all about living in remote south Maui.