More desert spring

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 3,021 Major grins

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MASuper Moderators Posts: 13,350 moderator

These are all wonderful.
    Of the three shots my favorites is the last one. The combination of a beautiful flower and the cactus thorns really pulls me in.

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 3,021 Major grins

Thanks, Denise. I'm accustomed to cactus flowers but I never get tired of them. :)

• JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,317 Major grins

@denisegoldberg said:
    These are all wonderful.
    Of the three shots my favorites is the last one. The combination of a beautiful flower and the cactus thorns really pulls me in.

I would agree. I like the bee one too, I like animals and insects in action.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 7,618 Major grins

Another good set, Don. You guys out in the desert areas have some plants with the deadliest array of thorns I've ever seen.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 3,021 Major grins

Cristobal, Tom, thanks very much. Tom, we learn to be careful around thorns. I've spent a lot of time out in the desert and I've been pricked by thorns maybe three times.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,246 Major grins

First one is superb!

edited April 28, 2021

Thanks, Taz. The flower was tall enough that I couldn't use a tripod and getting the focus right while shooting hand-held was a bear. I got a lot of "almost but not quite" shots.

• willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Registered Users Posts: 2,403 Major grins

I like no 2 best.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Willard, thanks.

• JTP22JTP22 Las Vegas, NVRegistered Users Posts: 48 Big grins

Love them, especially number 2

Joel

Thanks, Joel. Photographing bees in flight is kind of addictive.

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandAdministrators Posts: 12,737 moderator

Love those last two.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Thanks, David. It's interesting to see the different preferences.

• El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Registered Users Posts: 879 Major grins

Don...

Wonderful set!

Your patience and skill paid off...#1 is excellent, certainly destined for a frame. Numbers 2 and 3, equally fine.

Great captures and always interesting subjects.

Thanks for sharing a bit of desert flora and fauna that many of us never get to see!

Thanks, Gato. Sometimes I forget that people in other places don't see these things very often.