Magical staircase

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Set to task by the designer and builder of this functional art, I gave it my best go. These are flash-ambient blend images from an a7Riii + 24mm TS.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Gorgeous staircase and shots! I always enjoy your posts.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Very nice work, JonaBeth. I've seen a fair number of fine wood staircases but this one is " King Kong " in my book. I dread to think what that stunning piece of functional art cost. The designer and builder ( maybe the same ) deserve all the accolades that come their way.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

First one is lovely! I think it would break if I climbed it.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

A stunning staircase, beautifully presented!

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator

Wow, that top landing, just before the transition to conventional steps, is awfully intricate and unique! A true one-of-a-kind take on the double-helix stairs and a nicely captured first image.

Interesting design choice for the splice, and nice of you to detail that feature!

If this was a commissioned piece, I wonder if there is an approval scale-model available to also shoot. If so, the model might offer new perspectives and visual opportunities?

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@ziggy53 said:
    Wow, that top landing, just before the transition to conventional steps, is awfully intricate and unique! A true one-of-a-kind take on the double-helix stairs and a nicely captured first image.

Interesting design choice for the splice, and nice of you to detail that feature!

If this was a commissioned piece, I wonder if there is an approval scale-model available to also shoot. If so, the model might offer new perspectives and visual opportunities?

Thank you Ziggy! I love the idea of a scale model, although I know for certain there was not a tangible item like that available. However, there are CAD renderings, so I could utilize those next time around. The designer / craftsman is a friend of mine, and we'll be creating media over the course of his next project from start to finish, which I imagine will further help me understand important aspects and angle for photographing the final install.

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Gorgeous staircase and shots! I always enjoy your posts.

@black mamba said:
    Very nice work, JonaBeth. I've seen a fair number of fine wood staircases but this one is " King Kong " in my book. I dread to think what that stunning piece of functional art cost. The designer and builder ( maybe the same ) deserve all the accolades that come their way.

@Stumblebum said:
    First one is lovely! I think it would break if I climbed it.

@roaddog52 said:
    A stunning staircase, beautifully presented!

Phil

Thank you all!!! I appreciate all of these comments, from King Kong to breaking staircases lmao!!!! This group is the best :smiley:

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

These are lovely.

I don't think that staircase is available at Target.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Quite stunning...both the staircase and your images!

Wonder if it would be possible to get an image looking down into the helix from above (top). Might present a different perspective. Possible opportunity for a camera on a rack of even a UAV (drone) shot.

Wonderful, in all respects!