...a lack of color

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Unseasonable cold weather today, rainy, cloudy, flat white sky.

A good day to complete work on several B&W images. Fits the day and general mood. Certainly spring is on its way!!

(a) Pattern Recognition

(b) Final Stop

(c) Man's Best Friend

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Gripping images. Few quibbles but not worth going over. Cheers Gato!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2021

Very nice B&W work, Al. I really love #1 and #3. For kicks, I took #1 and raised the bottom margin enough to eliminate the bottom row of hats and I squeezed in the two side margins just barely enough to get rid of the white tips of hats seen on each side. Either way, it's a really striking shot. Stay safe, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good work Gato. I agree with Tom on the hat pic, I would like to see the entire hats on the bottom row. The dog shot is wonderful.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Abrazos for the perro and his foto.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Taking Cristóbal and Tom's points into consideration...

Pattern Recognition re-do

Then I thought it a bit "regular," so I went ahead and added a bit of creativity, resulting in the following....

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

A great set of images! #3, and the final version of the hats, with the framing.are my favorites.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

@roaddog52....

Thank you for your comment, much appreciated. Glad you liked the "creative" version of the original.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I love the revised version of the hats and the framing you added really brings attention to the image. This one surely belongs in your " Hall of Fame " collection. Great work, Al.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    I love the revised version of the hats and the framing you added really brings attention to the image. This one surely belongs in your " Hall of Fame " collection. Great work, Al.

+1

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Tom & Willard....

Many thanks for your comments!

I am thinking that I might even enlarge this one and actually print it. Might be nice in the office.

Thanks again!!