Least bittern / a bird...

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Good shot, buddy. With those feet and that stare, I figure that bird must be Hannibal Lecter's favorite pet.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

That's bizarre. I mean that in a good way. Very unusual shot.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great capture! Bravo!
    If mine, I take inch off of bottom.
    Cheers Critobal

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

I agree with Taz, a great capture! I have to disagree about the bottom inch, I think it needs that bottom inch with the water to give it context of location.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks, I like the reflection of the reeds on the water.

This is from the Audubon's Society site "One of the smallest herons in the world, adapted for life in dense marshes. Rather than wading in the shallows like most herons, the Least Bittern climbs about in cattails and reeds, clinging to the stems with its long toes."

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful image, Cristóbal

Thanks for bringing us images of flora and fauna many of us might never get a glimpse at. This little guy is wonderful.

Wonder what went through his or her mind when popping out of the reeds and found him (or her) self staring directly into your lens?

I'd vote to keep he bottom inch as well, it balances the image and I believe that the reflection is a necessary element, to the overall image, IMHO.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@El Gato said:
    Wonderful image, Cristóbal

Thanks for bringing us images of flora and fauna many of us might never get a glimpse at. This little guy is wonderful.

Wonder what went through his or her mind when popping out of the reeds and found him (or her) self staring directly into your lens?

I'd vote to keep he bottom inch as well, it balances the image and I believe that the reflection is a necessary element, to the overall image, IMHO.

This little heron was just standing there, waiting for fish I guess. Not afraid or nervous.