RESULTS Mini-Challenge #318 Gone Fishing

DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

Thanks everyone for participating in this challenge.
@JAG - of your three images, I am most drawn to #1. The breakwater is a strong diagonal in the scene, and the fishers in the image create a nice story.
@cavalier - I really like #3. The band of green from trees and their reflection draws the eye from the boats in the foreground, and lets the eye discover the fishers on the lake.
@GrandmaR - #1 is a really neat image, aside from the Santa Clause similarity. The fisher is posed to the left, and his gaze and the rod create a line of sight from left to right.
@shawnc - #1 is a classic. The bent rod creates tension, and the line of sight from the direction the two fishers are looking causes me to look to the right, pick up the raindrops on the water, the colour on the shore, and the misty clouds.
@pegelli - #3 is a really nicely composed minimalist image, with the fisher on the rocks as the important element. The image creates a mood of loneliness and isolation.

Thanks to @sarasphotos, @BMW Kurt and @sapphire73 for adding some nice images which, even if not for competition, added nicely to the set. Good luck in your endeavours and travels.

This was a pretty small set, so I am only going to designate first and second place.

Second place goes to @shawnc, for image #1. This is a really nice action shot.

First place goes to @pegelli , for #3, at the end of the pier

Over to you Pieter.

Comments