Options

Trapped

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great Tom! I so love the light entering the window from left and glowing up the tree seen in window on the right. Looks like golden hour light too.
    If mine, I would rig it in a way where attention goes to those 2 window and bring down rest a ton so point is made and attention is drawn more strongly.
    Having said that, rest of it is lovely too! Fantastic find!

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Gorgeous shot Tom! I love the multiple textures, the light blue on the bricks and the light inside the house. The tree... So many things to.discover. Very nice.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Great Tom! I so love the light entering the window from left and glowing up the tree seen in window on the right. Looks like golden hour light too.
    If mine, I would rig it in a way where attention goes to those 2 window and bring down rest a ton so point is made and attention is drawn more strongly.
    Having said that, rest of it is lovely too! Fantastic find!

Thanks, Taz. The building is an old, abandoned schoolhouse. Actually, the preponderance of the light in the room with the tree is largely coming from directly above. A portion of the roof and ceiling in that room collapsed some time ago, allowing for direct light to bathe the area where the tree grows. There are two other trees of equal size that are out of view.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2021

@Juano said:
    Gorgeous shot Tom! I love the multiple textures, the light blue on the bricks and the light inside the house. The tree... So many things to.discover. Very nice.

Thanks, Cristóbal. The myriad textures, array of colors, and the dynamics of the light are what attracted me to the scene. I've shot that old school many times but this was the first time when all the elements, particularly the light, were just right.

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

A great capture! Wonderful textures, colors and the tree. I'm not often a fan of selective color, but this one may be worth experimenting with.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options

Thanks, Phil. I have to admit that I don't know how to do selective coloring. Most of what I've seen of that process, I don't care for. Conversely, however, I've seen some work where selective coloring really made the shot. I'll have to ride with this image as it is due to my limitations.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice image here Tom!

Lots to work with and future potential for possibly a B&W version.

The light as you captured it, elevates the image. Nicely done.

• Options

Thanks, Al. I'm going to try some B&W treatment on some of the interior of this old building.