Summer blooms

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Been working on a few images from summer 2020...getting me in the summer spirit and ready to see what this summer has to offer.

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

They're all good. I particularly like the sunflowers but I have a weakness for them.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2021

Very nice work, Al. I got to the second one and got stopped in my tracks. That's a great bloom and superbly captured.

I'm asking this question as a learning effort on my part: In shot #1, would use of a light dose of front fill flash help to bring more definition to the face of the sunflower....without detracting from the backlight that you had?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I like the third one, it is interesting to look at.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Don, Tom and Cristóbal...

Thank you all for your comments.

Tom, yes, I agree a front flash might just do the trick. I rarely pack a flash in my kit, I probably should start doing so. It would have helped bring out more definition as you surmised in the face of the sunflower.

The third shot is one of those where I wish I had a time lapse setup. I found this flower interesting as it was ejecting/shedding its seed pods for the next generation. I have never been able to be at the right place at the right time to capture this part of the flower's life cycle. In a few days this flower will look like the one in the background.

Thanks again for your comments everyone, much appreciated!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

@Juano said:
    I like the third one, it is interesting to look at.

+1

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata