Ground Pounders

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Trans Am cars, VSCCA race, Lime Rock Park. Loud and fast

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Lime Rock...wow...

Bringing back memories! I haven't been there since I was a youngster. Great to see the machines are still loud and roaring.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic! I like the pano crop! The second shot almost feels like cars are moving

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice stuff, Will. I always liked Lime Rock. I only got to one race there but the track is one I would have loved to run myself.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2021

Gracias all for the comments.

@Stumblebum said:
    Fantastic! I like the pano crop! The second shot almost feels like cars are moving

They were moving, Taz, very fast.

My son and I raced Porsches for a while and Lime Rock was pretty much our home track as it is only 1.5 hrs away.
    It's also a driver's track as there's only one long straight. The trans Am cars really took advantage of the straight.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2021

The two cars posted here kept within 10 car lengths of each other for the entire race.
    They were turning 1 min and 1 min 5 sec laps for the race: pretty good for Lime Rock