Escaping the tyranny of symmetry

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Comments

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

A cool composition.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,181 moderator

Well seen. Might also be good as a B&W high contrast.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options

@Cornflake said:
    A cool composition.

@David_S85 said:
    Well seen. Might also be good as a B&W high contrast.

Thanks! I might try it in b&w but I like the contrast and color the yellow lines provide.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Well captured...image!!

Lock, key and puzzle.

I wonder what would happen if the circular dial (hole covering) was turned slightly, a quarter turn counter-clockwise? Would everything disappear? Would the green road marker launch or sink into the ground? Would the world be set right again, as everything has lined up? Would the site super go back and reset the cover's alignment? Be honest, how many would sneak back at night and adjust the cover's alignment?

Wonderfully imagined and creatively presented, Cristóbal 👏🏼

• Options

@El Gato said:
    Well captured...image!!

Lock, key and puzzle.

I wonder what would happen if the circular dial (hole covering) was turned slightly, a quarter turn counter-clockwise? Would everything disappear? Would the green road marker launch or sink into the ground? Would the world be set right again, as everything has lined up? Would the site super go back and reset the cover's alignment? Be honest, how many would sneak back at night and adjust the cover's alignment?

Wonderfully imagined and creatively presented, Cristóbal 👏🏼

Gato, thanks for your comment, always thoughtful and interesting. Personally, I think that if the dial clicked into position, the hole would open and the world would sink into it... only to reappear somewhere else.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Yeah B&W is worth a shot here!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Well, buddy, as you might surmise, this image rocks the boat of those unfortunate enough to suffer from the tyranny of symmetry. Just kidding.. I do agree that the yellow line adds to the picture. It's very interesting, and educational, to see the variety of reactions amongst our group to various images.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Tom believe or not I consider myself mildly OCD. Of course there are differences of opinion, my wife doesn’t use the word mildly…! Photography allows me to explore different boundaries.

Keep well.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

You make a very good, point, Cristóbal. Considering my rust work, which is anything but symmetrical, it's the one endeavor I have in photography that allows me to be totally free....no protocols, no boundaries, nothing to interfere with unbridled self expression. That, more than any other consideration, is what fuels my fire in photography. Stay safe, my friend.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.