A Burmese Bundle

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Resting before the storm

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Almost optical illusion.Impossible to not love cats!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2021

@Stumblebum said:
    Almost optical illusion.Impossible to not love cats!

Truer words were never spoken. I grew up with dogs but cats are just so much more self-sufficient. When you stay on the go like I do, it matters. Just so they don't feel slighted, the big one in front is Aramis, followed clockwise by Cocoa and Dusty.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Very cool! It took me a while to understand what was going on.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2021

I had to laugh, Cristóbal. At first glance, it is a bit confusing. Make no mistake, though, these critters rule my house....with an iron fist.

Forgive me for digressing a bit here. I once made a reference to something and you wondered if I might share some of the " libations " involved. A partner and I were down in Mexico, trying to structure a real estate development plan with some very successful land owners there that owned an ungodly amount of acreage. Out on some of the hinterland, there was a group of Mexican Indians that assisted the land owners on occasion. Our hosts, the land owners, suggested that we might like to spend an evening with the Indians....have some regional food and add to our life experiences. The Indians were a great bunch. After dinner, we were invited to share a special treat. Well, sure. They brought out some peyote ' buds' as they say. These were to be chewed and we were assured that it was an excellent way to relax and finish off a good evening. Let me tell you, I've never in my life put into my mouth something so vile and repulsive....to the extreme. My partner took a chew and damn near threw up. He was finished. Not wanting to embarrass he and I entirely, I gathered all my strength and continued on. HOLY SHIT. The only thing I can remember is me trying to chase off a 100 foot tall elephant and a hoard of rampaging 50 foot tall giraffes that wanted to trample us to death. God forbid, Cristóbal, you don't want to tangle with that crap.

The next morning, our hosts sent out their helicopter to return us to their grouping of haciendas. One of the sons ( there are 3 ) looked at me and said something about me not looking too good. My partner said that he might ought to go easy on me as I had a rather tough night.

Now I’m the one laughing! Good story!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Love the bundle!

Cats rule here as well.

As the saying goes...dogs have owners, cats have staff!

@El Gato said:
    Love the bundle!

Cats rule here as well.

As the saying goes...dogs have owners, cats have staff!

Indeed.