Options

A break from the fog

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited June 15, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

Lima is a strange place, in spite of being quite close to the Equator and on the coast, it is not hot and tropical. Instead, the Humboldt current keeps it cool year round, in winter fog settles in for days and the sun is nowhere to be seen. Only ephemeral sightings before plunging into the ocean.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice but I feel tension between sun and city buildings.....sun is saying look here, buildings saying we are here too.....and I don't seem to figure out where to look.
    Cheers mate!

• Options

One eye up, one down?

Good point. Thanks

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

The sun...you are sure? Looks like Jupiter, taken from afar.

Having been to Lima in the winter, you are spot-on in your description of the atmospheric conditions. But, as you have presented here, winter season does make for some very interesting photographic opportunities. Well done!

• Options

@El Gato said:
    The sun...you are sure? Looks like Jupiter, taken from afar.

Having been to Lima in the winter, you are spot-on in your description of the atmospheric conditions. But, as you have presented here, winter season does make for some very interesting photographic opportunities. Well done!

Thanks Gato. I’m loving Lima so far, I still wonder if after a few more months of fog I will need a break. But, you’re right when the sun shows up through the clouds it offers great views. It totally look like Jupiter in the photo.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I so much like the top portion of this image that I decided to eliminate the lower part. I raised the lower margin enough to completely hide the buildings and ground. You get an elongated pano shot but the sun and captive sky carry the load exceptionally well. You have a great vision for things like this, buddy. As I get older, oppressive weather like you speak of is more than I can handle. Stay safe down there.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks Tom, I tried your crop.suggestion, but still prefer my version. I like the context that the buildings provide.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Nice one!

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

A wonderful image! After viewing several times, I think the bottom portion with the buildings gives the image better context, and an anchor point.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options

@roaddog52 said:
    A wonderful image! After viewing several times, I think the bottom portion with the buildings gives the image better context, and an anchor point.

Thanks!

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Damn Cristobal, this is pretty fabulous! I can't stop scrolling up to look at it :o

• Options

@JonaBeth Russell said:
    Damn Cristobal, this is pretty fabulous! I can't stop scrolling up to look at it :o

Thanks!