Place Requests to Moderators Here

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Scritch, what would you like your Location to read?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins

Can somebody please advise how you disable\unsubscribe from the forum please

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

I am seeing a problem where images are not being displayed - current problem is in Dgrin Challenges/themes/Photo Association page. Specifically - there are multiple entries not showing images along with the last entry.
    Showing the problem in two different computers - one using Edge and one using Firefox browsers.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

@Cavalier said:
    I am seeing a problem where images are not being displayed - current problem is in Dgrin Challenges/themes/Photo Association page. Specifically - there are multiple entries not showing images along with the last entry.
    Showing the problem in two different computers - one using Edge and one using Firefox browsers.

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the problem is due to a much larger problem that's affecting the whole Internet today--one of the major cloud content delivery networks went down, and that took a whole bunch of sites offline. I think we should just give it some time and see if it sorts itself out.

@Cavalier said:

I see this too. Pegelli's and JAG's were the two that were blank, except for any of their images that have been in my cache. So this is something new in the last 48 hours.

My Smugmug
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

@Richard said:

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the problem is due to a much larger problem that's affecting the whole Internet today--one of the major cloud content delivery networks went down, and that took a whole bunch of sites offline. I think we should just give it some time and see if it sorts itself out.

I did see this yesterday as well, but the content delivery problems could have started yesterday too. So wait I will (as Yoda would say). It's not like I don't have other things I should be doing!
    Thanks.

Hmm...so the problem persists and is also affecting other threads. Vanilla support is looking into it.

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator

@Richard said:
    Hmm...so the problem persists and is also affecting other threads. Vanilla support is looking into it.

Fastly was reporting problems caused by a customer's use of configuration tools yesterday. Which seems pretty unusual but CDN failure can undo a poorly constructed service infrastructure failures as well.

Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited June 10, 2021

The content delivery problem has propogated to now disallowing my own photos from showing up, from smugmug. Ugh. They were viewable, by me, at least, until yesterday. Now I see broken glass icons, yet are in my own web cache.

Are we concluding this is affecting SM hosted only content, or are other photo sharing services part of the outage too?

JAG, myself and Pegelli's are all from SM.

My Smugmug

Some SmugMug pics show up, some don't. I haven't found a non-SmugMug link that's not working, but that doesn't mean there are none, as I didn't spend a lot of time looking. I did notice one possibly relevant thing. Pics that are posted using the syntax![](https://photos.smugmug.com/...work while pics using the syntax <a href="https://... do not. I'll pass this on to Vanilla and see that they make of it.

Vanilla just responded that they have identified the bug and a fix is underway. Stay tuned.

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

testing Richard's observation:

Yup, that works, the direct link to only the photo works, but a link that puts you back to the photo in SmugMug when clicking it doesn't.

Obviously I'm not going to edit all my old posts >:)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli said:
    Obviously I'm not going to edit all my old posts >:)

No, that should not be necessary once the problem is fixed.

• fudjifudji Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 11, 2021
    I accidently posted directly in flea market instead of posting it in nikon Land, this post could be moved to nikon land!
    https://dgrin.com/discussion/267766/fs-nikon-d810-with-accessories#latest

@fudji said:
    I accidently posted directly in flea market instead of posting it in nikon Land, this post could be moved to nikon land!
    https://dgrin.com/discussion/267766/fs-nikon-d810-with-accessories#latest

Looks like the posts are in the right place now.

My Smugmug

@Richard said:
    Vanilla just responded that they have identified the bug and a fix is underway. Stay tuned.

Any updates? Seems difficult to fix, 6 days since it started and 4 days since I reported it :/

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli said:
    Any updates? Seems difficult to fix, 6 days since it started and 4 days since I reported it :/

No, I haven't heard anything new since my last post.

edited June 15, 2021

OK, the photo's are showing again, so that's the good news. B)

The bad news is that clicking the photo will bring you to a new page telling you you're leaving DGrin and asking you if you are sure you want to do that and have to click the link again to finally go where you want to go. What a joke, in the rare case when you clicked the photo by accident just click the arrow back and the mistake is corrected. Much easier than having to click twice every time you're not making a mistake.
    Also when you right click the image and select "open image in a new tab" it brings you to this page while in actual fact you're not even leaving DGrin then.
    I would qualify this as "a solution which is still looking for a problem to solve" >:) Any chance that this extra step is taken out again?

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli We're looking into restoring the old behavior. While some sites do have warnings about leaving, I'm not convinced we need it. What's worse is the return behavior, which takes two clicks to get back to where you were.

@pegelli : We think the old behavior has been restored, so you can go back to the way you used to link. Let us know if you see any problem.

Thanks Richard, glad it's all back to normal now.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • blouieblouie Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins

My post about oversharpening disappeared at Dgrin. Here is the original URL:

https://dgrin.com/discussion/267809/slideshow-oversharpens-images/p1?new=1

I posted it and it appeared okay in the forum. But then I edited the post, and instead of the edit appearing, I got a message saying that my discussion is pending approval.

Would you please restore the disccussion?

Thank you.

@blouie said:
    My post about oversharpening disappeared at Dgrin. Here is the original URL:

I posted it and it appeared okay in the forum. But then I edited the post, and instead of the edit appearing, I got a message saying that my discussion is pending approval.

Would you please restore the disccussion?

Thank you.

I see it here. Is it there for you?
    https://dgrin.com/discussion/267808/lightbox-repeats-images-when-thumb-swiping-on-mobile

My Smugmug

That discussion is okay. It's the other discussion I posted today that is missing:

@blouie said:
    That discussion is okay. It's the other discussion I posted today that is missing:

Found it in our Change Logs but I can't restore it for some reason. I can send you the text of the post, but you will need to edit it and repost as a new discussion. Please look for a private message coming to you in a couple of minutes...

My Smugmug

I reposted the Slidewhow discussion, but the system deleted it again when I tried to edit it. Then it wouldn't let me repost it again.

When I repost one discussion, then I have to edit the link from the other discussion, but the system deletes the discussions when I edit them.

As it stands now:

I have the Lightbox post showing (but I need to edit the last URL, because it goes to the dead Slideshow post, but if I edit the Lightbox post, the system will delete it).

The system will no allow me to try again to repost the Slideshow post.

Now there are 4 instances of the Slideshow discussion. Please delete 3 that don't have any responses.

Lesson learned: If you try to twice edit a post that leads a discussion, then the discussion gets removed only to reappear later.

And there's an extra Lightbox discussion now too. Please delete 1 so that there is only 1 remaining.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Beginner grinner
    Hi: I no longer require my DG access. How do I delete my account with you?
    Good site, but not really what I need.
    Thanks
  • kofakofa Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins

Hello,

I've just realised that 'Digital Darkroom' is hardware-oriented, so my post https://dgrin.com/discussion/267827/darktable-3-6-0-is-out should be moved to a software topic, perhaps to 'Finishing School'. If there's a better category, please place it there instead.

Thanks in advance,
    Kofa