Options

Kealia Boardwalk

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

This cool little pavilion is one of two along the Kealia (kay-ah-lee-ah) Pond boardwalk. These pavilions provide a spot to rest, catch a little shade, and observe the local wildlife. Residents include the Hawaiian coot, Hawaiian duck, cattle egret, black-crowned night heron, Hawaiian stilt, and many many more gliders & flappers. It's a great spot to spend any time of day, although from about 10am through sunset, it's pretty doggone windy.

The landscape in the distant background is the lower slope of the Haleakala, the 10k ft volcano.

I shot this from our condo in Ma'alaea, which is about a mile away, using a Sony a7Riii + 100-400mm GM. I have walked the entire 2.5 miles of beach from my place, past this pavilion, all the way to north Kihei, the next town over, for a sandwich & bourbon. Unfortunately, I couldn't complete the walk back home, as the tide was raging high...plus...bourbon, so I had to phone the wife for a ride. :D

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet image but it needs PANO crop. If mine I would clip 2.5 inches from top. Cheers JBR.

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet image but it needs PANO crop. If mine I would clip 2.5 inches from top. Cheers JBR.

Thanks Taz, great suggestion!

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweeeeet! Yeah!

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice locale...you have a great "backyard!"

Could be a daily walk for some great exercise and scenery.

Yes, the crop works well.

Nicely done.