Options

A Street Artist's Self Portrait

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

He drew self portrait?

• Options
    edited June 20, 2021

@Stumblebum said:
    He drew self portrait?

Hey, buddy. Man, you're either up real early or getting home real late. Yup, the artist sitting there painted his own portrait. This scene is really colorful but I like the B&W better in this case. That spare leg you see here belongs to his paramour who is sitting with him. The historic district in St. Augustine is crawling with street artists. Some of their stuff is really, really good.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator

Hey Tom. I love this sort of shot. I just wish you could have moved a couple of paces so as to get a bit of his face in addition to the hair. But the hair is distinctive enough that the shot still works as is. Nice.

• Options
    edited June 20, 2021

@Richard said:
    Hey Tom. I love this sort of shot. I just wish you could have moved a couple of paces so as to get a bit of his face in addition to the hair. But the hair is distinctive enough that the shot still works as is. Nice.

Hi, Richard, it sure is great to hear from you. I hope things are going well for you. I tried to get some of his face but he and the girl looked over at me so I backed off a bit. I started to walk away but turned quickly and fired off this shot. As you say, I had to depend on the artist's hair to make the connection to his self portrait.

• Options

Hey, Taz. It was 6:00 A.M. Florida time when I made the initial posting.....meaning 3:00 A.M. your time. You made your posting real soon after mine....I was just surprised that you were up and around then. I was a night owl once, but those days are gone for me. Take care, my friend.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Nice street work. I miss the days.when we saw a.lot more of it.

• Options

@Juano said:
    Nice street work. I miss the days.when we saw a.lot more of it.

Thanks, buddy. I've never been much on street work, mainly because I'm not very good at it. But this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. Blessedly, we in Florida have a Governor that allowed us to enjoy as much of a normal life as possible. In high tourist areas, like St. Augustine, street life is back with a vengeance. Stay safe, my friend.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Hey, Taz. It was 6:00 A.M. Florida time when I made the initial posting.....meaning 3:00 A.M. your time. You made your posting real soon after mine....I was just surprised that you were up and around then. I was a night owl once, but those days are gone for me. Take care, my friend.

Not sure Tom when it was. I check this tab where I have it open forever. Reload and see if anything new posted. Cheers my friend!

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Very nice street photography work. I like the B+W rendering as well.

Thank you for the added info regarding the mystery surrounding the artist's extra leg.

When I initially viewed the photo, there was a flashback to an undergrad art class "Dutch and Flemish Renaissance Masters" and a long class discussion on "The Peasant Wedding." A 1567 painting by Pieter Bruegel the Elder, which now hangs in the Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna.

Mystery solved. Thank you!

Good work!

• Options

Thanks for your comments, Al. I give you all the credit for spiking my interest in doing some B&W work. When I can earn a " good work " from you, a master in that realm, I'll take it and run.

BTW, I checked out " The Peasant Wedding ". Man, you have a sharp eye. But even more impressive is your memory. Stay safe, my friend.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

I guess a semester-long class on Dutch and Flemish Renaissance Masters, did come in handy after all!

Be well my friend.