Architectural Canvas

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

I was walking past an office building and could not resist taking this shot.

The building presented an impromptu, man-made canvas upon which nature painted the blazing afternoon sun.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2021

WHOA. Quite brilliant !!!!!! Mesmerizing, really. It's one of those images that keeps drawing you in deeper and deeper. The framing you do here, like in other instances you've done, really excels in making a great shot even better.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good and unusual. A few things that might be bothersome if you weren't photographing a reflection are fine here, in my view.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice! if mine I would pul up the blacks some for more drama.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@Cornflake said:
    Good and unusual. A few things that might be bothersome if you weren't photographing a reflection are fine here, in my view.

.> @Juano said:

Nice! if mine I would pul up the blacks some for more drama.

Don & Cristóbal...

I agree!

This was one of those quick-snap, "walk bye" shots. I shot the image quickly as I was walking between buildings, without my trusty tripod and not thinking, as a good photographer should, about the final product. It clears a low hurdle for a "general" reflection shot. However, I would have liked to frame it better, get more of the lower half of the tree in the foreground, straighten it some, etc. In post-processing pulling up the blacks would certainly give it more punch for sure.

Practice, practice, practice....

Thanks again Don & Cristóbal!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    WHOA. Quite brilliant !!!!!! Mesmerizing, really. It's one of those images that keeps drawing you in deeper and deeper. The framing you do here, like in other instances you've done, really excels in making a great shot even better.

Thanks Tom!

I try every now and again to add some framing to some shots. Some shots better lend themself to this treatment than others. I try not to over-use the creative framing approach. I appreciate your comments, thanks again.