GM 1955 concept cars

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited July 4, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

The 1950's and 1960's were big years for concept cars produced by American car companies. These cars were often used as design exercises for their design staffs and also as a showcase for features due for future production models, The following car is a 1955 Chevy.

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

These next shots are of a 1955 Lasalle II.....both a roadster model and a sedan model. These cars were featured in the GM Motorama Tour that traveled the world. After the show circuit, both of these cars were ordered to be scrapped....a common fate for concept cars. However, a couple of employees elected to hide them away in an old junkyard and they were discovered years later. The roadster has seen some restoration work, the sedan has obviously been left as it was found, except for the roof.

5 )

6 )

7 )

8 )

9 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2021

The stunning comps for shot #2 and #3 are joyous! I wish they could be put into clean BGs somehow.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    The stunning comps for shot #2 and #3 are joyous! I wish they could be put into clean BGs somehow.

I couldn't agree with you more, Taz. My biggest frustration at these premier shows is all the people and distractions that are inevitable. Someone really adept at computer skills may be able to isolate the vehicles, but I have neither the skills nor software to pull that off.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I’ve work. The first car is a jewel!

@Juano said:
    I’ve work. The first car is a jewel!

Thanks, buddy. All of the cars of that era had huge steering wheels. Look at the view of that one in shot #4. You could steer the Titanic with that thing. I had both a '55 Chevy and a '57 Chevy in high school ( both hand-me-downs from family ) and I don't remember them being as large. But, hell, I'm surprised that I remember anything from that period.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Cool shots, Tom.

@Cornflake said:
    Cool shots, Tom.

Thanks, Don.