darktable 3.6.0 is out
A new release is out for Linux, Windows, MacOS. Full announcement at https://www.darktable.org/2021/07/darktable-3-6/
- A vector-scope is added to complement the current histogram, waveform and parade views.
- A new default demosaic algorithm (RCD) has been introduced, which should provide better quality than the current default (PPG) without the long run-times of AMaZE. The order of the demosaic algorithms has also been adjusted for clarity.
- Support for "dual demosaic" has also been added, allowing you to combine "RCD + VNG4" and "AMaZE + VNG4" for Bayer sensors, for X-Trans sensors there is "Markesteijn 3-pass + VNG". This allows you to use an algorithm better resolving fine detail and another one delivering smoother output depending on local image content.
- You can now create an opacity mask based on the sharpness of the image. This uses a similar algorithm to that used in dual demosaic.
- A new Color Balance RGB module has been added. This can be used as a one stop module for all color grading work (see https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/7347 )
- A new censorize module has been added. This allows you to hide parts of the image by adding a blur/pixelization.
- A new section has been added to the color calibration module to allow you to calibrate colors using a color checker chart (see https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/7293 ).
The map module has been enhanced in a number of ways:
- When importing a GPX the trace can be displayed.
- Location can be set using polygons and directly created from information reported by Open Street Map.
The basic adjustments module has been replaced with the quick access panel, which can be used to group controls from multiple different modules in one place.