2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

7 (

8 )

9 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Looks like fun! First one is my fave! Cheers Tom!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Thanks, Taz. Stay safe, my friend.....I see the wild, wild West making a comeback.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Good action set. Tom, like them all

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good action shots!

@willard3 said:
    Good action set. Tom, like them all

@Juano said:
    Good action shots!

Thanks, guys. These were shot at the Nantahala Gorge, not too far from Bryson City, N.C. Several pro teams were practicing for some up-coming national events. If you enjoy railroad excursions through the mountains, get to Bryson City. They offer a variety of rides.....both steam engine and diesel.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

"Are we having fun yet?" Not!! LOL. Good shooting there, Tom.

@kdog said:
    "Are we having fun yet?" Not!! LOL. Good shooting there, Tom.

Thanks, Joel. It's always good to hear from you. Stay safe, brother.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

A great action set Tom, that's some serious "Creeking" going on!

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
    edited July 21, 2021

@roaddog52 said:
    A great action set Tom, that's some serious "Creeking" going on!

Thanks, Phil. This was the first time I've been so " up close and personal " to this sort of activity. All the shots were made using a Tokina 20-35 mm lens. I gained a lot of respect for those guys who routinely challenge dangerous waters like this. The subject person in this series paddled over to my shooting spot and asked me if I would please send him the files of my shooting that involved him. I was more than happy to accommodate his request.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I thought it was Tampa during a tropical storm.

Great shots!

edited July 23, 2021

@Cornflake said:
    I thought it was Tampa during a tropical storm.

Great shots!

Thanks, Don. I started to laugh, but that Tampa remark is so true I shouldn't laugh.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Very nice sports sequence shots!

Sure hope the kayaker completed the roll successfully and punched out the other side safely.

@El Gato said:
    Tom...

Very nice sports sequence shots!

Sure hope the kayaker completed the roll successfully and punched out the other side safely.

Thanks, Al. This particular attempt got away from the guy early and he failed to complete his anticipated maneuver. Later, he ran the planned maneuver twice in a row successfully. He would head into the cascading water flow straight on. He would tuck the front end of his kayak downward, so that the force of the water flow would drag the front end straight down. Completely under water, he would complete the forward loop and immerge on the surface, pointing in the same direction as when he started the move. It was impressive to see.