The cycle of life (Warning pic heavy)

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited July 21, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

I've always been fascinated by nature and life itself. I've put together this set I called the cycle of life, something lives, something dies, something is born.

Some might consider a few of these pics explicit.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2021

Wow great shooting for Wildlife Cristobal! How blessed to even have those chances!
    For me the shots with cleanest BGs/framing/action are: 1, 3, 5, 11, 12 and 17

For 1 if mine, would try to darken BG some to create more contrast between subject and BG and sensation of busyness is gone.
    For 11 if mine,, I would take off half an inch from top and crop below that dark spot on top right. Zooming in always helps and that spot is bit distracting at top right corner.
    And for 15, while not on my favorite's list due to extreme busyness, I would still try to enhance it by take an half inch or more off from top so subjects jumps out more and busy sensation is gone.

Finally do you recall what your f-stop was for these shots? In my view, it should almost always be largest and fasted 'f' you have available for your lens.
    Zoom lenses are designed to be sharpest and biggest apertures and you get creamy backgrounds which elevate any portrait or wildlife shots and also your ISO then can be lower improving noise immunity and allowing faster shutter speed even at lower ISO so sharpness also improves.

The fastest 'f' will be great for almost all shots above except perhaps last one as it is a group shot so 7.1 to 9 would be better.

Cheers mate! That was thrilling to view!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great comments Taz, as usual. Very constructive.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Very nice compilation, my friend. Interesting, to say the least. I bought into the story you were telling.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Love that Burrowing Owls shot. And 15 -- Very sharp. Is that a Bee Eater?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@black mamba said:
    Very nice compilation, my friend. Interesting, to say the least. I bought into the story you were telling.

Thanks Tom, glad you enjoyed it.

@David_S85 said:
    Love that Burrowing Owls shot. And 15 -- Very sharp. Is that a Bee Eater?

The bird on 15 is called a squirrel cuckoo. Thanks for the comment.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Terrific set of photos, Cristobal.

@Cornflake said:
    Terrific set of photos, Cristobal.

Many thanks Don!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

"every picture tells a story..."

You have captured this essence with both grace and clarity. The thematic story-line is well presented.

Excellent images!

Thanks Gato!