RESULTS: Mini Challenge #321 Scenic trails and roads

bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

I really enjoyed seeing all the great roads and trails in the entries. A whole lot of planet earth is represented. And I have a few more ideas of places I have to see now. I kept going back and forth in trying to pick favorites, and as I start writing this I have no idea how I’m going to select a top three. I considered making a deck of cards and shuffling. But, here I am, at the end of the challenge and I have to pick. So here goes.

@grandmaR, I really liked the sense of distance with the curving walk drawing the viewer into the photo of Maclay Gardens. Also, the cold, cold Colorado photo really appealed to me as well. Not to mention that I wish I had your skills at scanning slides. Yours are always a treat.
@pegelli I wouldn’t mind taking a walk down any of the three trails/roads in your photos. My favorite is the first, along the canal. There is just so much to enjoy in that scene, and the fluffy clouds are just like the icing on the cake, so to speak.
@dlscott56, all three of your photos have a different feel to them. I really like the light in the shot from Tennessee, and that photo reminds me of a hike I took just a couple of months ago. So that’s my favorite of your entries.
@Cavalier, I enjoyed all three of your entries as well. Picking a favorite was tough, but after a lot of consideration I chose Monitor pass.
@JAG, I keep going back and forth on your photos. I really like the beautiful light in the Seward Highway photo and the crisp feel of the snow all around in the photo of your driveway. I really hope you have a snowplow for that…
@sarasphotos, My favorite of yours is the Tirol road. I think I want to visit that restaurant at the end of the road. A glass of wine while watching the sun set behind those beautiful mountains sounds perfect to me.
@DavidRGillespie, I think the Patagonia photo gets the most unusual trail of the challenge award. I’ve hiked trails with huge puddles before but none completely under water. But I really like the rugged mountains in “Alpine Trail”. With scenery like that I could always disguise stopping to catch my breath as just admiring the view.
@sapphire73, I always enjoy the photos you post from your travels, and these three do not disappoint. Picking a favorite was hard, but I think I’m going to go with the road through Hard Knott Pass for the scenery that just goes on and on.

Since I enjoyed everyone’s photos, and because I had such a hard time deciding, I’m giving an honorable mention to all my favorite photos that didn’t place.
@grandmaR, Maclay Gardens in Tallahassee
@dlscott56, Tennessee
@JAG, Into the sunset (Seward Hwy Alaska)
@DavidRGillespie, Alpine trail, Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park, BC

Third Place (tie):
Gretchen @sapphire73 for Road through Hard Knott Pass, UK

Sara @sarasphotos for Near the Stubai Glacier in Tirol, Austria

Second Place: Pieter @pegelli for Along the canal towards Herentals (Belgium)

First Place: Jo @ Cavalier for Monitor Pass, California

~~Barbara

Comments