Low Tide Re-do

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Finally had the time to re-work the original and take care of that nasty horizon.

Thanks again everyone for you always appreciated C&C.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Still a lovely shot, still tilted though... :)

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Arrrgggg.... :o

I am willing to send anyone who requests, a shim for their laptop. :D

Re-do II coming up.

P.S. Cristóbal, et al. what tool/option do you use IF you need to straighten a horizon? Apparently what I used in PS post-processing, wasn't the right tool or I did not apply it properly.

Many thanks!!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good one but, yes, tilted.

For straightening I usually use the crop tool in Lightroom, which displays a grid that lets you get the verticals and horizontals right. The crop tool in Photoshop also works well but I seldom crop anything in PS.

(Actually, you can set the crop tool in LR to display a lot of things. Open the tool and keep typing "o" to see what I mean.)

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I use the same thing

edited August 15, 2021

@Cornflake said:
    Good one but, yes, tilted.

For straightening I usually use the crop tool in Lightroom, which displays a grid that lets you get the verticals and horizontals right. The crop tool in Photoshop also works well but I seldom crop anything in PS.

(Actually, you can set the crop tool in LR to display a lot of things. Open the tool and keep typing "o" to see what I mean.)

Thank you Sir!

It has been a crazy, hectic few weeks...daytime job getting in the way. Once I can get my head above the waterline, I will work through this in Lightroom.

Thanks once again for the insights!

@Juano said:
    I use the same thing

🙂👍🏼
    Thanks for your reply and for bringing a smile to my face...been a very loooong week!