A little bit o' rust

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I enjoyed the contrast between the 100+ year-old gate and the relatively new lock cylinder.

Tagged:

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Thanks for the rust fix, Sara.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Glad to help out, Tom! 😁

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

That's cool, Sara.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet! I would explore tight crop on top left square with key so no BG is left.
    That changes the photo a bit, but I think it might be nicer without BG acting as distracting.
    Cheers Sara!

@Cornflake @Stumblebum Don & Taz, thanks for the comments! Taz, I actually did crop this one quite a bit to get rid of even more background "noise". I just tried the tight crop on the left square and didn't much like it. When I have more time I might consider going to PhotoShop and getting rid of the people in the frame. It's a good suggestion!

Right now I'm in the middle of culling, keywording, captioning, choosing and editing the 3700 photos and videos that the two of us took on a month long vacation. Eeek!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good to see you again around here! I like the shot, I also think Taz has a point, but if you didn't like it, you didn't like it, period.

Hi Cristóbal, thanks for commenting - as I said, when I have time I'll give that crop another try. Yeah, it's been a while since I've had time to comment a lot - this past year has actually been fairly busy for me.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Sara...

Great subject and imagery.

One suggestion...you could possibly consider adding an appropriately colored (color selection taken from the image itself) frame/boarder to the image. This would provide both a symmetrical look to the image and also eliminate people on the background. Just a thought

Love the rust, colors and subject!

Thank you for sharing this one!