Treestesse

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

This one was taken on a cold, foggy early morning in October 2020 in the Black Forest. Processed in b&w with a little silver touch.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Tagged:

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Nice shot - love the mood.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2021

I agree with Sara.

One thought. It's okay to have the focal point significantly off center. It's also okay to have it centered. Here, it's just off center enough to make me a bit uncomfortable. I'd consider cropping off enough of the left side to bring the center tree closer to the center of the image. That will also make the distance from the outside trees to the photo's edge match a bit more.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Scored! Bravo!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice shot and mood. I think Don has a point.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

All here know of my love for B&W imaging...you nailed this one. Spot on...here from my perspective.

Well done.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Thanks for your feedback, folks, much appreciated!

Regarding the slight non-centered crop, I did that intentionally to create a little disturbance in the picture. I think it fits the mood. I will revisit to see how a centered crop works.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com