Real mountain " holler " living

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

That's sweet Tom!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    That's sweet Tom!

Thanks, my friend. I check on this site periodically....I last shot it about 4 years ago. It never changes.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Careful they might shoot back at you! Great location.

edited August 26, 2021

It's interesting that you sat that, Cristóbal. You'd be shocked at how many mountain folks....I mean true mountain folks....believe that the days are coming when the " flat landers " will start scouring the mountains for whatever they can steal and plunder. A great many people up there have become survivalists....stacking away food supplies and arms to deal with coming issues.. I have personal friends up in those mountains who are convinced that social unrest will one day lead to such activities. I hope and believe they're wrong but, down deep, I understand their desires to be prepared for whatever happens.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Lovely find Tom.

Looks peaceful, at least from a distance. Given all that is going on globally, it might be nice to walk off into the mountains and not look back. Keep these referenced friends close, one never knows!!

I tell you, Al, your comment, about walking off into the mountains and not looking back, really resonates with me. As you know, I'm in full stride to get myself up there permanently. But recent developments here and abroad have me in a posture of some critical rethink about how I want to proceed relative to a new homestead up there.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Nice shot! I hear Dolly and Loretta singin’

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2021

I think you found one of my ancestors' homesteads. :) Very picturesque.

@redleash said:
    Nice shot! I hear Dolly and Loretta singin’

Dang, Lauren. You, too? Thank the Lord, I thought I was going crazy.

edited September 5, 2021

@Cornflake said:
    I think you found one of my ancestors' homesteads. :) Very picturesque.

Well, I tell you, Don, if it's not this one there's plenty more candidates. If you're willing to go deep enough into those mountains, you'll see some amazing living environments.. There have been times when I didn't dare bring out my camera for fear of igniting a confrontation.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

"There have been times when I didn't dare bring out my camera for fear of igniting a confrontation." That seals it. You found my kinfolk.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Tom, we think alike!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com