I Sold an Image!

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Hi All

Couldn’t resist letting y’all know my good news! Yankee magazine bought one of my autumn foliage images and it is in their current digital and print editions. It is a two-page spread in the print magazine as the lead image for their fall travel article. I was contacted this summer when the photo editor found my image through a search on SmugMug, looking for “Aroostook County, Maine.” Some of you may recall this shot from a while back after one of my treks north.

THANK YOU SMUGMUG!!

This is truly a thrill for me! Thank you, everyone, for indulging me as I brag. :smiley:

Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I think if I had taken that shot, I'd still be bragging. Congratulations, Lauren. That's well-deserved accolades in winning that featured spot.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,176 moderator

Great Autumn image. I have to look up Aroostook on the map. Found it. Haven't been that far north up there yet. And... congrats!

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Thanks, gentlemen! Tom, it is indeed far north. Aroostook is the largest county in Maine and is known simply as “The County.” There was an Air Force base there (Loring) that has closed. I went to two years of HS there. If you ever get up that way I’ll gladly show you around. In fact, please be sure you call me when you do go to Maine. We can finally meet in person!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

You can bet, Lauren, the next time I'm up your way I'll meet up with you. My friend up there lives about an hour north of Portland on a big lake. The last time I was there, my wife and I used his home as a base camp and we spent two fantastic weeks traveling New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Additionally, we scooted over to Campobello Island in New Brunswick, Canada. We spent one night in East Port, Maine and I still have the t-shirt I bought at Waco's.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

I didn’t remember you’d been to Eastport. My g.mother grew up there. I have eaten at Waco’s—seemed weird since the Waco I know is the home of Baylor U! Definitely let me know when you plan a trip. You’re always welcome at our place.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

David, there is so much beauty in Maine. If you do make it that far north be sure to let me know. I’ll be glad to play tour guide for you!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Beautiful image, and congratulations! You certainly earned it :)

• JoeyWilsonJoeyWilson Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Amazing Autumn image! Nice job with the sale.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins

Congratulations on the sale. Great job.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Well deserved, Lauren. It's a beautiful image.