Options

Cristo Roto

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Local lore also speaks of a priest who found a broken crucifix and promised to have it fixed. The crucifix spoke to him and explained that its appearance would become a symbol for those who feel broken or lost. This story, as well as the exodus inspired Romo’s work.

Nowadays, the statue continues to be considered the savior of lost causes, and is a popular stop for many Mexican citizens crossing into the United States. It has also been the sight of faith healings. For those not particularly interested in the religiousness of the site, the dam and island are known for their amazing vistas of the semi-arid landscape of Central Mexico.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Interesting story.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Very nicely done Willard.

A good B&W rendering, excellent for the subject. It may be my monitor, however, the image looks a tad bit sepia toned.

Your explanation added great value to my viewing of the image, thank you.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2021

Gracias all.

This is done in color and the statue is brass/bronze, hence the sepia tone.
    I kept the color desaturated in the background.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Good one, Will. I just wish the statue had a little more definition in the upper torso.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.