RESULTS: Mini Challenge #323 - Up the down staircase

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Thanks to everyone for entering - judging was fun.

@JAG My favorite of your three was #2) Teak wood staircase (Maasdam Holland American cruise ship). I really liked the contrast of the shiny wood with the dark blue wall as well as the lovely curved shape that you captured beautifully.

@grandmaR Of your three I especially liked the Florida lighthouse shot. Great handling of black and white in a color photo.

@pegelli I really liked all three of yours because I could immeadiately read a story into each photo. Nicely framed shots and excellent post-processing work on all three.

@lkbart That is really a gorgeous staircase (may I borrow your husband with his handworking skills??? :smiley: ) and your three shots really captured it well. I liked all three but I guess I'd have to say my favorite was "Looking down" - you leaned over and got the perfect angle.

@bfluegie What I particularly enjoyed about your three shots is that they are all "open air" staircases. I vascillated between 2 & 3 as my favorite and ended up choosing #3 because of the pretty dappled light and framing of the staircase.

@Kerrphotos Althougha fine photo, for me the first shot was a bit more about the view than about the staircase. The second shot was nicely framed and I loved the detail you captured in the wood.

@sapphire73 Photos 1 & 3 really stood out for me - both made me wonder "what lays around the bend at the stop of the stairs?".

And the winners are:

3rd Place:
@bfluegie

2nd Place:
@sapphire73

1st Place:
@pegelli
Pieter, you really win for all three photos - each had a real expressed "point of view". Forced to pick one, however, I choose #1 because it is exquisite.

So, Pieter, I'm handing off to you!

Comments

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

What a wonderful shot Pieter. A worthy winner. Thank you for the nice comment Sara. Architectural features make a fun mini

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Thank you very much Sara, for a well run mini, all the comments and last but not least the win :). It's indeed an exquisite stairs and I recommend you to visit the Queen's house in Greenwich whenever you are in the area. Plenty of excellent photo opportunities in that building and the parks around it, incl. the Naval College across the street.

And congrats to @bfluegie and @sapphire73 for the other honourable places, I like the fact they're both outdoors which give a different perspective on them.

Give me a few days and I'll have a next mini up, but finding a good theme is getting harder every time.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Thanks Sara for a great run challenge and for your comments on my image. Congrats to Pieter and the runner ups!

• lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

Great challenge & wonderful entries, great comments & a fine photo to win! Congrats to @pegelli for the win & @bfluegie & @sapphire73 for places!

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

Sara, thank you for a fun challenge and helpful comments. It was fun to have a reason to go looking for staircases, and I wasn't surprised to find that most of mine were taken in Europe - when I am more likely to have a camera with me!

Congratulations @pegelli on your stunning photo and well-deserved win. And to @bfluegie for that beautiful shot of stone staircase. And welcome @Kerrphotos!

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Congrats to @pegelli for the winning photo. That was my favorite of the challenge. Congrats also to @sapphire73 for the second place photo. There is so much to like in that photo and the stairs just draw you in. As always, I really enjoyed seeing how everyone interpreted the theme. Thanks to @sarasphotos for running a great challenge.

~~Barbara