A walk with the LAOWA 15mm wide angle macro lens.

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited September 7, 2021 in Holy Macro

I'm an ambassador just now, for LAOWA optics, and they kindly sent me their 15mm wide angle f/4 macro lens to play with - and it opens up a world of possibilities - designed to allow macro photography that capture scenes beyond into the landscape distance. Great fun but niche, here are some taken on our family walk around the Brockholes Nature Reserve on Monday. Bracket fungus, grey-coral fungus, dead mans fingers,, more toadstools and fungus, fallen leaves and more. This lens is so different.
For more details check out the Venus site here https://www.venuslens.net/product/laowa-15mm-f/ref/6/ if this lens gets you licking your lips...

@IPClark - the exif isn't showing for some reason... (Markdown software of the forum?)

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins

These are very cool. Don't worry re. Exif, it's really only they aperture, shutter, ISO etc. I wanted to know. :)

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins

Interesting shots Paul - esp like the last one

Brian V.

• e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,376 Major grins

@IPClark said:
    These are very cool. Don't worry re. Exif, it's really only they aperture, shutter, ISO etc. I wanted to know. :)

You wouldn't get the aperture for this manual lens and I'm guessing the lens was wide open at f4.

Harold

• e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,376 Major grins

I've owned this lens for several years but, in view of it's special applications, have scarcely use it.

I had it attached to my FF A7r3 for the first mushroom survey of the season but a heavy downpour was forecast and my backpack is not waterproof. The downpour never happened.

I want to try it for stereo pairs.

Harold