Bees

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I don't need any more bee shots but they're fun to take.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice. I didn't know that bees have roe....like a fish.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I think it's a like a saddlebag for pollen, Tom, but I don't really know. Maybe someone here does.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

This one is wonderful. I don't think you should ever stop taking pictures of a subject because you think you have exhausted the possibilities... you haven't.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2021

@Cornflake said:
    I think it's a like a saddlebag for pollen, Tom, but I don't really know. Maybe someone here does.

I was just kidding about the roe part, Don. :D:D I think you're right about the saddlebag theory, but I'm not certain either.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

It has too many issues from just technical point of views....but its bees. So its fun!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Sometimes, it is nice to shoot for the creative fun of it and this is a great example of a creative approach to capturing an elusive subject.

I like the image "as is" and enjoyed increasing the image on my screen just to see the details of this busy creature. Not sure I have seen the "saddlebags" reference, in other images. We usually swat these insects away, it is nice to be able to look at one for a while without the need to keep fanning them away.

Nice capture, Don

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks for the comments, folks.