Options

Smart Rules bug (?) - keyword with Include my unlisted/password protected galleries: No

aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins

I have an easy keyword (2021_vacation_highlights) smart gallery and noticed duplication of some photos due to the duplicated photos being in multiple unlisted galleries (e.g. temp-iphone-all); the "From [gallery name]" link made that pretty obvious. I then set the "Include my unlisted/password protected galleries:" option to No, but when I did that, no photos showed at all in the results or the smart gallery.

It seems like Smart Rules suffer from various misunderstandings and perhaps bugs, so maybe I'm missing the point of the "Include my unlisted/password protected galleries:" option, or did I uncover a bug? #bugbounty?

Thanks for any assistance,

Andy

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi Andy,
    Can you post the link of the gallery in question and also a few links for examples of duplicates so we could take a look?
    If you don't wish to publicly post the links, please email us on our HelpDesk with all the details.

Standing by,

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options

I tried to email and when I clicked Submit it said Please try again. Assuming you don't see an email from me in the system, I will type it all up again :( hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks,

Andy

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi Andy,
    I'm sorry to hear that. Which browser and operating system were you using? Is your browser set to accept cookies?
    Are there any extensions installed in it that might be blocking parts of the site? If so, which?

Keep in mind that you can also email us using the email address listed above the contact form.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options

No worries! I sent a request via the Help Desk system.

Thanks!

Andy