Washington Square Park NYC

DeminimusDeminimus Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins

Comments

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I would like to see the face here as a focus of interest.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • DeminimusDeminimus Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins

That’s the allure of this shot.. the quality of being powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I'm afraid I miss the allure with this shot. I don't see anything powerful or mysteriously attractive or fascinating. I've generally liked the street work you've shown so far. But this one just doesn't have any punch to it.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DeminimusDeminimus Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins

@black mamba said:
    I'm afraid I miss the allure with this shot. I don't see anything powerful or mysteriously attractive or fascinating.

This shot was taken with a Mirrorless camera with a vintage Soviet-Era lens. I was simply happy with getting the shot- as I used focus peaking and she turned her head just as I tripped the shutter. I liked the obscured face and it was a keeper for me, and I guess that’s the allure I referenced.

My gear has come so far since this shot- all my street shots are now from a 46 MP Panny S1R with auto focus glass, or my small Fuji XH1.