Colorado fire

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Just got back to Colorado and now this...

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Where is that exactly?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

That's a hell of a scene to come back to. This has been a catastrophic year for natural disasters. Fires, flooding, droughts, hurricanes, tornados....you name it. So much grief brought to so many people.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Where is that exactly?

Hi David, the fire is on the edge of Silverthorne, Colorado.some residents were evacuated.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited September 28, 2021

OK, thanks, That was what I thought it was as it just popped up on InciWeb yesterday. Ptarmigan Fire. 40 Acres thus far. Luckily, if a large response is needed, Dillon Reservoir is nearby for water air drops . Sure hope it gets contained quickly with the large population in that area. There's a lot of dead trees out there where it's burning.

I'm fairly familiar with the area. We were there for a family wedding some years ago, and a bike club trip a couple years later as well. In fact we are at the Log Cabin Restaurant (been there many times - excellent breakfast restaurant!), went riding and when we came back the gas station next door had just exploded! Beautiful area to live in and for all sorts of recreation. I hope you remain unaffected by this one.

Beth's Wedding Above Lake Dillon

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Thank you for your concern and good wishes. Crews have been working non-stop dropping fire retardant and water from the reservoir and it is raining right now!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

It's a hard thing to see. I wish you the best.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Stay safe and prepared. Hope all are well and continue to be so.

Thank you all for your good wishes. The fire is largely under control.