Options

Red 75

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
edited September 29, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

A new one for most

The rarity in question is a 1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR Strassenversion. While its name is quite the mouthful, this high-octane beast represents the pinnacle of German auto engineering and has quite the backstory.

The sleek two-door is actually a riff on the automaker’s formidable CLK GTR racecar, which dominated the FIA GT championships in 1997 and ’98. The Strassenversion or “street version” was limited to just 25 and is especially sought-after among collectors.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Great shots, Will. That's quite the car. I've only seen one of these before.....caught it at a big show near Miami.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

This car was on display at the VSCCA race at Lime Rock Park.
    I had never seen one before and was really quite impressed.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Wow, what a beast! I find the placement of the mirrors odd, there must be an aerodynamic reason.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2021

Hey, Cristóbal. How long are you going to be in Colorado? The mirrors on that Mercedes were most likely placed there after determining that this placement afforded the best rearward view of other racers....critical info when racing, equally important if driven on the streets as this one appears to be.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful photos! Beautiful car, nice lines and styling.

But you know, I can only go about 15 mph on the I-290 at I-90/I-94 driving around the Windy City, might burn a whole lot of petrol between exits...but I'd look cool.

Thanks Cristóbal for bring us these beauties.