The " Griswold " invasion of the Appalachians

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I came over a rise and was confronted with this scene. I went on by for about one-half mile, looked at my wife and said that there was no way I could pass up shooting that sight. I turned around, hollered at the man in the yard about taking pictures, he said fine, so I fired away.

1)

2)

3)

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wow, that was quite a find!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:
    Wow, that was quite a find!

Hey, Sara. I've never seen anything quite like it. They were putting up even more of that stuff as I was leaving.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

This looks like every 25th house in Illinois. For some reason, our state is known for these types of displays during the holidays.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@David_S85 said:
    This looks like every 25th house in Illinois. For some reason, our state is known for these types of displays during the holidays.

Thanks for the visit, David. I've seen some pretty impressive displays around Jacksonville but nothing of this scope....caught me by surprise to see it up in the mountains.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I would move.

@Stumblebum said:
    I would move.

I hear that, brother.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    I would move.

The question is, would you omove TO there or AWAY fro there... :smiley:

@sarasphotos said:

@Stumblebum said:
    I would move.

The question is, would you omove TO there or AWAY fro there... :smiley:

That's a good question, Sara. I suspect that our esteemed colleague would flee California if given a chance.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

My dog would love this yard....for many reasons!!

On a photographic note....

I like all of the colors set against the green lawn.

If were at all possible, I'd go back at night and see if they are all illuminated.

A nighttime shot would, I suspect, be kinda cool.

Thanks for remembering the Griswolds!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

This, the other day. And not that uncommon around here...

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Thanks for posting this, David. I feel like I ought to go back and tell that mountain man that he's under attack from the North....going to have to step up his game.