A few creek shots

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

From earlier this week.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

I love the first shot, it's so peaceful.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks, Denise. I had the same reaction when I composed it.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Beautiful place, the first shot is my favorite as well.

Thanks, Cristobal.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

It's unanimous. #1

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks, Tom. I prefer number 1 but I posted a couple of these on my Facebook timeline and the favorite was number 2.

Years back I wrote and performed music a lot. I remember a song that got an enthusiastic reaction one night at a coffee house. The next day it got only a stony silence from a very different audience at a festival. I've learned to shrug if someone doesn't like my work. Someone else may.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Back in my college days ( eons ago ) I sang in a small group. That was during the strong folk music days. I still dream the words to every Kingston Trio song we performed. I've got a good friend up in these mountains who plays guitar and sings with a really good folk/bluegrass bunch. I lost a bet the other day and I had to get up and sing one song with them. They were kind not to run me out of the county.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

If we don't stay in practice we lose it. I speak from experience, alas.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Don...

All are very nice images!

I guess I will go against the trending vote and say that #2 gets my vote. I like the contrast between the still water in the upper half of the image and the rushing (one could almost hear the water) in the lower half of the image. Has a nice duality to it.

Nicely done.

Thanks, Gato. You helped me understand why that one seemed to connect to some folks.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Last one is cut above. JMO!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I'm with Taz, I like the last one best for the colors.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata