New barn work II

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I'm amazed that structures in this condition are still used. A lot of the inside support pieces in this one have collapsed. When you see exterior support beams being employed, you know the end is near.

1 )

Just getting to some of my targets can be a chore. The foliage around this one is fairly typical.....thorny things that want to stick you are everywhere. And, always, I'm on alert for copperheads and rattlesnakes.

2 )

Any place to store hay is at a premium

3 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

You keep unearthing them Tom! Bravo!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    You keep unearthing them Tom! Bravo!

Thanks a lot, my friend. When I'm up in these mountains, pursuing a dream mission, no amount of disappointment or inconvenience matters to me. I know this stuff is out there....I've just got to find it.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Good collection of old barns, Tom.
    Number 2 has a nice ceramic silo.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@willard3 said:
    Good collection of old barns, Tom.
    Number 2 has a nice ceramic silo.

Thanks, Will. I remember that shot you posted a while back that featured a great silo.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

Interesting and informative as always.

You certainly have a knack for finding some very unusual structures. Do you geo-tag your images? It would be interesting [as well as a great value-add feature to that book you will be writing :) ] to visualize (in a geographical sense) where these structures are located.

The danger factor of copperheads and rattlesnakes, has to be right up there with structure collapse. Be careful my friend.

@El Gato said:
    Tom....

Interesting and informative as always.

You certainly have a knack for finding some very unusual structures. Do you geo-tag your images? It would be interesting [as well as a great value-add feature to that book you will be writing :) ] to visualize (in a geographical sense) where these structures are located.

The danger factor of copperheads and rattlesnakes, has to be right up there with structure collapse. Be careful my friend.

HI, AL. Fortunately, I keep meticulous records and all of the locations are there. However, your suggestion has real merit. I think I'll start with geo-tagging.