B+W Landscape

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

On a recent trip to the wine (and fruit) country in the South Tirol region of northern Italy. The day we arrived the weather was rainy and the skies grey.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Very nice, Sara. I've never seen a road with surfacing quite like that. Is the strip on the right intended for bikes?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Very nice, Sara. I've never seen a road with surfacing quite like that. Is the strip on the right intended for bikes?

Thanks, Tom.
    Although this little road is part of a bike route and is filled with bikers in nicer weather, it's just a narrow rural road used mainly by locals and the farmers in the area. That strip is just darker pavement where I suspect they recently dug up because of a water pipe or electric lines.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited October 22, 2021

Very unique combination of leading and bounding lines. I especially appreciate the fog delineating the ridge on the left, making the peaks appear to float!

Wonderfully mysterious. 👍👍

(I wonder if that's where the Mazzamurello live? 😃)

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@ziggy53 Thanks so much for your comments! It was one of those moments where I said to my partner "stop the car - photo, photo!!" We had taken a wrong turn and had to drive a few hundred meters to find a place to turn around.

I had to look up the term "Mazzamurello". According to an Italian Wiki, they tend to come from more central and southern Italy, which is probably why I hadn't heard the term before. I can well imagine though, that the forest fairies are active in this area, just under another name.