Slide show speed up

black pearlblack pearl Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins

I found where I could change the speed to make the homepage slide show go faster and read an old thread that said it does that on all the gallery slide show speeds...it does not seem to do so....I need the slide shows to run faster when selected in the individual galleries...

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

The only setting I am aware of for slideshow speed is the gallery style "slideshow". Unfortunately this doesn't seem to change the speed of the slideshow within a gallery.

• When in a gallery, click the CUSTOMIZE button above the gallery.
    • Hover over the gallery and click the wrench on the line that says ON "ALL GALLERIES"
    • Click Slideshow style, and update the speed

This would be a good question for the helpdesk. If you contact them please post an answer in this thread.
    https://www.smugmughelp.com/en/articles/309-email-a-smugmug-support-hero

• JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

You can change the slideshow speed for all gallery styles (collage landscape, SmugMug, etc.) although the controls are rather buried. In a gallery, select CUSTOMIZE as Denise suggests, but then hover your mouse over the "Lightbox" entry in the menu bar that opens up a the right. A wrench will appear while you hover. Click it. A menu will open where you can change the slideshow speed. That works for the slideshow that appears when you hit the slideshow button from the basic gallery display, not just when you do so in the lightbox. If you do that for a gallery that is on the ALL GALLERIES template, the adjustment works for all the other galleries on the template. It will NOT change the speed for any gallery where you've selected the "+ Make This Gallery Custom" option. For those, you have to go to the galleries one by one, select Customize, then the Lightbox menu item wrench, and change the speed for that one gallery.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@Jtring said:
    You can change the slideshow speed for all gallery styles (collage landscape, SmugMug, etc.) although the controls are rather buried.

Thanks so much @Jtring - I don't know how I missed that!

• black pearlblack pearl Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins

Many thanks. It does work for sure...mine was set on 6 sec for the galleries and 3 for the main...all better now

• geckoflygeckofly Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins

I used to be able to click on slideshow on home page and it would take you to the gallery in fact I remember a box to tick action on click! has that been moved Cant locate it now Thanks