Options

T-shirts and stuff

BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
edited July 24, 2004 in SmugMug Support
So we get a lot more requests for apparel at smugmug than I could have imagined... I guess I thought, "t-shirts? Everyone's got t-shirts but nobody is excited about them anymore..."

But my wife started wearing this one and she's been stopped in stores with people asking where she got it. And some people have seen the name, stopped us, and asked how we know the company. They love it, yadda yadda.

Okay, so.... Anyone have a cool idea for a line on the shirt? Google's says "I'm feeling lucky!" If you can think of a line we use, or even a cool one that we almost use, your reward will be some free apparel. We even have, erem, thongs and stuff. :huh

Thanks!
Baldy

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2004
    polo shirts
    cafe press has polos, they are great. i recommend adding them, too.

great stuff!
    Baldy wrote:
    So we get a lot more requests for apparel at smugmug than I could have imagined... I guess I thought, "t-shirts? Everyone's got t-shirts but nobody is excited about them anymore..."

But my wife started wearing this one and she's been stopped in stores with people asking where she got it. And some people have seen the name, stopped us, and asked how we know the company. They love it, yadda yadda.

Okay, so.... Anyone have a cool idea for a line on the shirt? Google's says "I'm feeling lucky!" If you can think of a line we use, or even a cool one that we almost use, your reward will be some free apparel. We even have, erem, thongs and stuff. eek7.gif

Thanks!
    Baldy
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2004
    Baldy wrote:

Okay, so.... Anyone have a cool idea for a line on the shirt? Google's says "I'm feeling lucky!" If you can think of a line we use, or even a cool one that we almost use, your reward will be some free apparel. We even have, erem, thongs and stuff. eek7.gif

Thanks!
    Baldy

I'm not too creative today, but here are two to get the ball rolling..

Got Photos?
    or
    Going beyond the lens...

Like I said....not too creative :)

Dave
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2004
    There's always the obvious "Get the shot." Or something like "Seriously fun photography". Erm, maybe not. "frame, shoot, 'shop" ?? Man, I'm tired! lol3.gif

But I would definitely vote for keeping the "powered by Smugmug" as part of the logo.
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    T-Shirt Slogan Suggestion
    "a SMUGMUG makes DGRIN"
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    • Just Picture It
    • Picture Perfect
    • Smile and Say Cheese!
    • The Right Image
    • It's All About the Image
    • Got the Picture?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    • Online Photos Made Easy
    • The Easy Way to Online Photos
    • Grandma-Approved Photo Sharing
    • Share the Memories
    • Online Photo Albums
    • Easy Online Photos
    • Online Photos with a Smile
    If you need any help actually designing the layout, let me know. I helped out www.mpgear.com with their T-Shirts here. I took 1st, 2nd and 7th place out of 71 entries and I'll be happy to help you guys out.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    We even have, erem, thongs and stuff. eek7.gif
    Just so long as I don't have to see a picture of 'Flug in one :puke1

You also need to offer a High-Vis Aerostitch with the "powered by smugmug" logo embroidered on the back.

By the way, I love PDG's line "Online Photos with a Smile"
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    So I came up with lots of cheesy camera terms like:
    • Shutter Priority
    • Aperture Priority
    • True Depth of Field
    • Burst Mode For Your Brain
    • Bracket Your Exposure
    • Get Focused
    • RAW Photography
    THEN I realized that you were talking about Smugmug, not Dgrin! eek7.gif

:dgrin Or rather, "I am stupid." :lol
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    Nigritude Ultramarine.

No, no, no... don't use that! I was just kidding.

But seriously, I don't think you need a tagline. Just smugmug with the happy face logo is enough. Everyone seems to have a cheesy tagline... I almost think it's cooler not to have one, unless it's something truly great. Not having a tagline will make people wonder what smugmug is all about, and people that know will feel more special or exclusive.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    Nigritude Ultramarine.
    Good chance of finding it!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    Great Tee
    Baldy wrote:

Thanks!
    Baldy
    Hey, Baldy, I want one of those. Since I am built like a pear, I like shorter tees, so they don't come down to my bigger parts. Other than that, the fact you did not give another view of "length" as in regular tee length, or shorter as in women's shops.

I kid you not, I would like one. Your price is reasonable, not sure I could afford it this week.

But the fact I want one says to me, please don't change it a bit, unless the style is too long, then shorten it.

I have no slogans, and I wouldn't change it if I did. SmugMug is special, it is horizontal where we pear shapes like horizontal, to make the top part of us look bigger, smile.

ginger, extra large. I have an extra large on from The Gap right now. So make that an XL.........love the color, everything.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited July 20, 2004

• Grandma-Approved Photo Sharing
    If you need any help actually designing the layout, let me know. I helped out www.mpgear.com with their T-Shirts here. I took 1st, 2nd and 7th place out of 71 entries and I'll be happy to help you guys out.
    I don't know how we're ever going to thank you enough for what you do for us!

We've been mentioned in USA Today, The New York Times, etc., but only one mention (PC Magazine Editor's Choice) had more impact than your letter to the editor in Frommer's Budget Travel Magazine.

Not to mention your 53 referrals so far! bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

The least we could do was give you a free lifetime employee account, so I did that. Sounds like we need to outfit you in some apparel too.

Funny you mention grandma-approved. I've been re-writing our more info pages and have a reference in there, "And it's why great-grandfathers are among the smugmug-addicted." (They are.)

Yes, I think we'd like some design help, although there is an argument that the best design is just smugmug with the smugmug logo. I think if we had a great tagline some people would like that.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    I don't know how we're ever going to thank you enough for what you do for us!

We've been mentioned in USA Today, The New York Times, etc., but only one mention (PC Magazine Editor's Choice) had more impact than your letter to the editor in Frommer's Budget Travel Magazine.

Thanks,
    Baldy
    Well Baldy, I haven't blushed in years and ya just made me do it. I really believe Smugmug is the best thing out there and I wouldn't have promoted it so actively unless I felt it was the truth. I stand heavily behind my word and it's easy to recommend you guys to friends because I know you'll come through. I'm a beast at promoting and I'm glad I've landed you some extra customers. I honestly know they'll be delighted with your service and the wonderful and friendly community at Smugmug and Dgrin alike.

I truly and sincerely appreciate your kind gesture and acknowledging my efforts. There's nothing more rewarding than being recognized.

As for design, my door is always open. You're welcome to PM or email me should you ever need any assistance. I'll go away now and try to take this 'blushiness' off my face.:D
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2004
    Awwwww :feelgood
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2004
    Hope this isn't too obvious, but from your own homepage/reviews:

-Your photos online. With style.
    -Photo sharing done right.

That last one isn't exactly what "Gadget Don" said, but it's what I tell people when I rave about Smugmug to them.

Or to crib an old KFC tagline:

-They do sharing right.

Or building on that:

#1 Share everything*

[*Robert Fulghum - All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten]

Hokey, but I think it's short and to the point.

Oh:

-It's all about the sharing.

Okay, that's enough.

--Darryl