Happy hunting grounds

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Mike from American Pickers should visit there.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Mike from American Pickers should visit there.

Mike would love this place. This shed/barn is just one of four that are clustered together on the property. Each one is overflowing with, to me, fascinating stuff. Another farmer in the same general area had dedicated a huge barn to housing his collection of old signs, antique farming equipment, etc., etc. After his death a couple of years ago, his family staged a well-publicized 3 day auction that netted them over $ 400,000.00.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet! Maybe if one more element was present....like tree bush person or car on the left.....cheers Tom!

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet! Maybe if one more element was present....like tree bush person or car on the left.....cheers Tom!

Dang, Taz, I felt certain the colors in the mountains, the cars on the barn's roof, the Christmas tree farm in the background would be enough. I'm just joking with you, brother.

You do raise a very interesting point....one that I often ponder, relative to my own work. I post one image when, in fact, I may have 20 or so very similar shots recorded. I'm sure most shooters do somewhat the same. My proclivity is to pick the single image for the forum that best features the main subject. Now, if there are other objects that add some context to the image, I go out of my way to include those....when possible. Since I limit myself to the one image, I must admit that it takes a strong conviction on my part to accommodate extraneous objects ( a definition that could be debated forever ). On the other hand, I should, I'm sure, make every effort to consider other options that could result in a better image.

Thanks, my friend, for your comments. I value them greatly.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

You have the gift of finding some of the most unique, out-of-the-way, quirky subjects to take center stage in your photos. Love this one for all that is going on in the image, in all directions, at the same time.

As a purveyor of metal things old, used, and unique, I could probably spend hours rummaging around a place like this.

Thanks for capturing a little bit more of Americana in this wonderful image.

@El Gato said:
    Tom....

You have the gift of finding some of the most unique, out-of-the-way, quirky subjects to take center stage in your photos. Love this one for all that is going on in the image, in all directions, at the same time.

As a purveyor of metal things old, used, and unique, I could probably spend hours rummaging around a place like this.

Thanks for capturing a little bit more of Americana in this wonderful image.

Thanks, AL. I'm really thankful that I have the time and inclination to get out there and track this kind of stuff down. Several years ago, I met the guy who had that huge barn stuffed to the gills with highly collectible items.,,,,,the one whose family staged the big sale after his passing. He treated me to about a 20 minute tour of the barn. His depth of knowledge about this stuff was as equally impressive as was his collections. In all, it was certainly one of the high points in my life.